Canoe Polo Cancer Challenge 2006
I'm sure you'll be just as enthusiastic as us in trying to beat 2004ís target of £10,000 for three worthy cancer charities but to give you an added incentive we'll have some decent prizes for those that raise the most as well as for the club that raises the most - more details will follow.
To take part we're asking for a minimum donation of £10, but of course we hope you'll raise more. You can fundraise as individuals, or why not get together with your club and collect money together? Here are a few ideas:
- A fancy dress bar/pub crawl with collection cans is always a good earner (you can only do this on private property - not in the high street. Ask the landlords first)
- Run a come-and-try it event at your local canoe club and ask for donations - you may even get new members as a bonus.
- Run a duck race.
- Contact local businesses to see if they'll sponsor you or the event.
- Tell your local paper, radio, student media etc what you are doing - it'll also help raise your club's profile.
- When taking around your sponsor form try to get some decent donations on the top of the list to get the ball rolling. It'll make our life easier (and yours) if you collect the money before the event and bring it on the day
If you are organising something to raise money for Cancer Challenge let us know and we will publicise it here. If you have a report and/or photos of you in action then send them to us and we may put them on the website to give others ideas.